This Disability Access Statement outlines facilities available for guests who have allergies or are mobility, hearing or visually impaired.
There is a local bus service approximately every hour from Macclesfield except Sundays, which is less than 2 miles away. Macclesfield is on the main London to Manchester rail system.
Wheelchairs, other aids and equipment can be hired locally via the British Red Cross, The Helpful Hand and Shop Mobility. Please ask for details when booking and appropriate brochures will be provided.
Luggage can be unloaded approximately 10meters from The Hayloft. Access to the cottage is via a slightly sloping path. Assistance with luggage transportation is available.
The Hayloft is a listed building. The listing constraints do cause some limitations on access, however the whole accommodation with the exception of one ensuite bedroom is all on one floor.
The main entrance door is 840mm wide with all other doors at this level being 840mm wide, except for one which is 740mm. The lounge, dining room and one bedroom are all accessed directly from the entrance hall, the ensuite facilities for this bedroom are in the form of a wet room. A second bedroom is accessed from the dining room. The ensuite facilities for this bedroom are split level, the bath and wash hand basin are at the same level as the bedroom, there is a step of 150mm to access the shower and WC. The shower has a step of 250mm. The third bedroom is accessed down a small flight of four stairs, the steps have contrasting nosings and handrail. The doorway to this bedroom is 740mm wide. There is an ensuite shower room on the same level as the bedroom.
- The door surrounds contrast with the walls and doors on both floors.
- All power points are a minimum of 250mm from the floor and light switches are approximately 1200mm high.
- The kitchen worktop contrasts with the walls and cupboards and coloured glassware and crockery is provided.
- Colour has been introduced in the bathroom and shower room décor and towels.
- Toilet seat raiser, shower stool, wheeled shower chair with brakes and grab rails are provided for use in the wet room
- The bedrooms have coloured linen.
- Bed blocks are available.
- Feather free pillows and duvets.
- Extra reading lamps are available.
- A magnifying glass and swan neck lighting facility are available.
- Televisions have Teletext facilities.
- A de-ioniser and dehumidifier can be provided for allergy sufferers.
- A thick writing pen and note pad are provided.
- A jumbo alarm clock with shaker can be provided.
- There are CDs for in house entertainment.
- Assistance dogs are welcome, but not on the furniture please, and there is a field in which to exercise the dogs.
- Wireless paging alarm system available on request.
- Disability equipment for short term use can be hired from The Care Team www.thecareteam.co.uk
We are working towards being more accessible.
We would request any prospective guest who is planning to visit the cottage to make us aware of any mobility issues at the time of the enquiry so we may be sure to correctly advise them in order to avoid any disappointment.