This Disability Access Statement outlines facilities available for guests who have allergies or are mobility, hearing or visually impaired.
There is a local bus service approximately every hour from Macclesfield except Sundays, which is less than 2 miles away. Macclesfield is on the main London to Manchester rail system.
Wheelchairs, other aids and equipment can be hired locally via the British Red Cross, The Helpful Hand and Shop Mobility. Please ask for details when booking and appropriate brochures will be provided.
Luggage can be unloaded in the courtyard outside The Coach House. Access to the cottage is via a slightly sloping courtyard. Assistance with luggage transportation is available.
The Coach House is a listed building. The listing constraints do cause some limitations on access.
There is a small 80mm step to negotiate at the entrance. The main entrance door is 800mm wide with all other doors at this level being 780mm wide. The kitchen/breakfast room area and separate dining room are both accessed from the lounge area with no steps. The negotiation of three steps up from the lounge area accesses the main bathroom. A 740mm wide staircase provides access to the bedrooms; this is fitted with a handrail on one side. The stair risers are closed, without protruding nosings. There is a separate shower room and toilet facility on the same floor as the bedrooms. There is a 15cm step into the shower. All doors on this floor are 740mm wide.
- The door surrounds contrast with the walls and doors on both floors.
- All power points are a minimum of 250mm from the floor.
- The kitchen worktop contrasts with the walls and cupboards and coloured glassware and crockery is provided.
- Colour has been introduced in the bathroom and shower room décor and towels.
- The bedrooms have coloured linen and three quarter length mirrors.
- Bed blocks are available.
- Feather free pillows and duvets.
- Extra reading lamps are available.
- A magnifying glass and swan neck lighting facility are available.
- Televisions have Teletext facilities.
- A de-ioniser and dehumidifier can be provided for allergy sufferers.
- A thick writing pen and note pad are provided.
- A jumbo alarm clock with shaker can be provided.
- There are CDs for in house entertainment.
- Assistance dogs are welcome, but not on the furniture please, and there is a field in which to exercise the dogs.
- The dining room can be converted into a bedroom for guests who cannot negotiate the staircase.
- Wireless paging alarm system available on request.
- Disability equipment for short term use can be hired from The Care Team www.thecareteam.co.uk
We are working towards being more accessible.
We would request any prospective guest who is planning to visit the cottage to make us aware of any mobility issues at the time of the enquiry so we may be sure to correctly advise them in order to avoid any disappointment